Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I'm Jewish, I'm Angry

Welcome to my blog, chaverim - and I mean it.  I value friends.  Whether you agree with my sentiments or not, I plan on blogging by the rules.

Nothing I say here is the gospel (I could've found a better word, yeah) but I'll do my damnedest to cite my sources and keep everything above board.  I won't quote any source that is questionable, unless of course they are the assbutt of my joke.  We square?  Good.

Today is two days away from Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year.  Of course, if you're a gentile you wouldn't know it - unless you watch Fox News.  Ramadan, on the other hand, we ALL know about Ramadan.  Hell, it's all over the bloody mainstream media!  President Obama gave his historic "Build your Mosque HERE!" speech at a White House sponsored Ramadan dinner.  According to CNN, here's what our American idol said:

"Let me be clear," Obama said at a White House dinner celebrating the Islamic holy month of Ramadan, "as a citizen, and as president, I believe that Muslims have the same right to practice their religion as anyone else in this country.
That includes the right to build a place of worship and a community center on private property in lower Manhattan, in accordance with local laws and ordinances."
Of course the next day he questioned "the wisdom" behind building the mosque there - then changed his mind again - but I digress...

I believe the subject of this blog was how no one knows (or cares) that the Jews have a New Year.  In keeping with that, I'd like to point out that TIME Magazine doesn't even care about JEWS let alone their silly simchas.  Their latest cover story, including illustration of Magen David made of daises, says "Why Israel Doesn't Care About Peace."

I do believe it's more than a tad tre chi chi these days to loath Israel and those pesky Jews, especially if you're in with a certain clique of illuminated types.  Funny though, "writer" Karl Vick depicts Israeli people that way, emphasis added:
"...the truth is, Israelis are no longer preoccupied with the matter (of peace). They're otherwise engaged; they're making money; they're enjoying the rays of late summer. A watching world may still define their country by the blood feud with the Arabs whose families used to live on this land and whether that conflict can be negotiated away, but Israelis say they have moved on"
So it's really people of Israel who are oblivious, not Hollywood or DC.  Hmmm.  Seems to me that Helen Thomas went to the same school of journalism a Karl.  On the left, all you have to do is call the opposition "racist" and you've won - unless you're the racist, then you retire into a cozy tommorow... let's wish Karl a sweet new year in retirement.  Putz.

No comments:

Post a Comment